Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATLA: Live Action Movie

+23
QuadoftheHeart
Deciheximal
Annards
blackjackAV
cuteandperky
VeniceGirl
CameronCavsFan
AshLionHeart
4everZutara
~Cheeto~
Sweetalker
danielledear1
shasyu
blacktiewhitetie
riley
nclartist
NuWatts
xxsoranxx
Kratos618
CriticsConfession
damei92
27 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

ATLA: Live Action Movie - Page 7 Empty Re: ATLA: Live Action Movie

Post  Sweetalker Tue Oct 06 2009, 18:38

The list of Things That Piss Me Off About This Movie is growing rapidly.

- Clouds (CLOUDS!) are stitched onto the Airbending costumes (I'm sure the Monks really cared about being stylish, or maybe M. Night thinks they worshipped clouds?)

- Dragons aren't extinct/endangered, they're EVERYWHERE on every nation, they're friendly, and they can talk just like people

- Aang won't ever be able to get married if he becomes the Avatar (uh.... hel-LO! Zuko is Roku's great grandson! Ta Min, anyone?)

- There are no "old" main characters. Bumi, Gyatso, Li and Lo, etc. are NEVER portrayed as older than 40 -- they won't have wrinkles, or even white hair. Iroh and Roku are the only exceptions, with GRAY hair, but still no wrinkles. (From what I heard, the writers don't believe that teens will empathize with old people.)

- Koh has been scrapped altogether, as has the character of Kyoshi. Suki will still be a "Kyoshi Warrior", but the script will never mention what that means.

- Luten will not be mentioned in the first movie, and may be scrapped altogether. Ursa will not be mentioned, period.

- The Jasmine Dragon tea shop has been scrapped from the second movie, but it will appear in the third -- no mention will be made of how Iroh got it.

- I've heard, from a reliable source, that they are planning to kill off Iroh in the third movie. He will die a heroic death of some sort, and probably at the hands of Ozai. There will be a tearful reunion scene between Zuko and Iroh just before he croaks.

(Yes, I know all this stuff may have changed, but it just Pisses Me Off to think any of this even went through M. Night's tiny little brain.)
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Tue Oct 06 2009, 19:13

Sweetalker wrote:The list of Things That Piss Me Off About This Movie is growing rapidly.

- Clouds (CLOUDS!) are stitched onto the Airbending costumes (I'm sure the Monks really cared about being stylish, or maybe M. Night thinks they worshipped clouds?)

- Dragons aren't extinct/endangered, they're EVERYWHERE on every nation, they're friendly, and they can talk just like people

- Aang won't ever be able to get married if he becomes the Avatar (uh.... hel-LO! Zuko is Roku's great grandson! Ta Min, anyone?)

- There are no "old" main characters. Bumi, Gyatso, Li and Lo, etc. are NEVER portrayed as older than 40 -- they won't have wrinkles, or even white hair. Iroh and Roku are the only exceptions, with GRAY hair, but still no wrinkles. (From what I heard, the writers don't believe that teens will empathize with old people.)

- Koh has been scrapped altogether, as has the character of Kyoshi. Suki will still be a "Kyoshi Warrior", but the script will never mention what that means.

- Luten will not be mentioned in the first movie, and may be scrapped altogether. Ursa will not be mentioned, period.

- The Jasmine Dragon tea shop has been scrapped from the second movie, but it will appear in the third -- no mention will be made of how Iroh got it.

- I've heard, from a reliable source, that they are planning to kill off Iroh in the third movie. He will die a heroic death of some sort, and probably at the hands of Ozai. There will be a tearful reunion scene between Zuko and Iroh just before he croaks.

(Yes, I know all this stuff may have changed, but it just Pisses Me Off to think any of this even went through M. Night's tiny little brain.)

*dies from sadness*
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/smrguysirman123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Tue Oct 06 2009, 21:57

Sweetalker wrote:The list of Things That Piss Me Off About This Movie is growing rapidly.

I knew there would be major changes, so most of this stuff doesn't surprise me. But dragons? Really? What's the point? I'd rather there not be dragons at all then shoehorn them in for no reason. And clouds? scratch If that's true, then who thought that was a good idea? Is the name "airbender" not enough to clue the audience in on what element they bend?

Anyway, the biggest thing I have a problem with so far is that Shayamalan is trying to make this movie the next "Lord of the Rings/Star Wars big budget, special effects omg epic." Being cool and epic definetly was a part of Avatar, but it took a far back seat to the characters. From what I've seen and heard, he's "grounded" all the characters, even Sokka. Sokka. Sokka the "meat and sarcasm guy." Now, he'll be just another angsty, conflicted action hero.

M.N.S. is taking it way too seriously when half the fun of Avatar was how un-serious it was. None of the other changes bother me half as much as this. Now I respect M. Night. He's made good movies(Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs). But he is clearly the wrong director for this movie.

*end rant*
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Tue Oct 06 2009, 22:01

Kratos618 wrote:

I knew there would be major changes, so most of this stuff doesn't surprise me. But dragons? Really? What's the point? I'd rather there not be dragons at all then shoehorn them in for no reason. And clouds? scratch If that's true, then who thought that was a good idea? Is the name "airbender" not enough to clue the audience in on what element they bend?

Anyway, the biggest thing I have a problem with so far is that Shayamalan is trying to make this movie the next "Lord of the Rings/Star Wars big budget, special effects omg epic." Being cool and epic definetly was a part of Avatar, but it took a far back seat to the characters. From what I've seen and heard, he's "grounded" all the characters, even Sokka. Sokka. Sokka the "meat and sarcasm guy." Now, he'll be just another angsty, conflicted action hero.

M.N.S. is taking it way too seriously when half the fun of Avatar was how un-serious it was. None of the other changes bother me half as much as this. Now I respect M. Night. He's made good movies(Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs). But he is clearly the wrong director for this movie.

*end rant*

*agrees with kratos* *High Fives*
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Tue Oct 06 2009, 22:16

Like I said... M night is the worst director ever...

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Tue Oct 06 2009, 22:22

shasyu wrote:
Kratos618 wrote:

*end rant*

*Accepts high-five*
Let's do this again sometime.
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Tue Oct 06 2009, 22:26

Kratos618 wrote:
shasyu wrote:
Kratos618 wrote:

*end rant*

*Accepts high-five*
Let's do this again sometime.

Cool sure but next time its gonna cost you, I'd dont always do this for free
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Oct 07 2009, 16:20

Sweetalker wrote:
I think you've got a point there. I had hoped for something more simple... meh.

Hm, is that so? Well that's... different. I guess they really are the Fire Nation "Badgermole" in the movie. But talking? *sigh*
I only read the part where a Dragon Spirit talks, but if all dragons can talk... well... that sucks.

Are you sure? Aang was told similar things (well, that he'd have to forget about Katara) numerous times throughout the actual show. And of course, that didn't happen. Maybe something similar will happen in the movies?

D8
At... at least we've got an old GranGran... who looks nothing like the actual GranGran. T_T
I'm guessing Bumi's background is different, then. He's no longer Aang's old friend...

That sucks, but it doesn't bother me quite as much. Though I will miss Koh very very much. I was hoping to see a live action version of him...

Now that's just wrong. /8
As long as they give realistic backgrounds for the characters, however, I suppose I'll deal with it...

Meh.
But they should explain how he got it. At least it seems that Iroh is still into tea. Thank goodness.

I've thought about this one for a while. Don't kill me for saying this please, but I can actually see this happen...
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjackAV Wed Oct 07 2009, 16:40

I've thought about this one for a while. Don't kill me for saying this please, but I can actually see this happen...
*reaches for knife* How dare you! Evil or Very Mad lol

Ah! clouds on airbender outfits, nonextict dragons, no old characters or hopes of marriage for Aang!
wow... c'mon Shyamalan! Avatar doesn't have to be this complex just stick to the original we all love kthnx!!
blackjackAV
blackjackAV
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Wed Oct 07 2009, 17:00

Y'know, V, I was kinda thinking that Iroh would kick the bucket somewhere in Book 3. I was honestly surprised when he didn't, but I liked the way it turned out. (And I cried BUCKETS when Zuko and Iroh met at the White Lotus base camp.... and you think that Iroh's going to hit him for a moment and he pulls him close.... *BWAAAAAHAHAAAHAAA*)

Excuse me. There's... something in my eye. I think it's my daddy issues.

Last edited by Sweetalker on Wed Dec 02 2009, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Oct 07 2009, 17:14

blackjackAV wrote:
*reaches for knife* How dare you! Evil or Very Mad lol
D8

Hahaha. BDDD

Y'know, V, I was kinda thinking that Iroh would kick the bucket somewhere in Book 3. I was honestly surprised when he didn't, but I liked the way it turned out. (And I cried BUCKETS when Zuko and Iroh met at the White Lotus base camp.... and you think that Iroh's going to hit him for a moment and he pulls him close.... *BWAAAAAHAHAAAHAAA*)
Roughly half the times I watch that scene, even now, I cry. No joke. At the VERY least my eyes water. Hahaha.
It's arguably my favorite part in Avatar... it leaves such a flooding, warm feeling inside. (:

If there's ONE thing I think that Shyamalan had BETTER not mess up on, it's the Irko. Always the Irko.
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Dec 02 2009, 01:44

What do you guys think?
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjackAV Wed Dec 02 2009, 02:49

I don't like how he says Sohkka like with an oh sound
but I think he'll actually do the char justice ^^
blackjackAV
blackjackAV
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Wed Dec 02 2009, 02:55

He just might do okay. Not the best actor for the job, but it could be a lot worse. And I also agree with BJ. You'd think that after all this time of playing the character and talking to fans, at least one person would have corrected him. What worries me even more is that this is how it might actually be pronounced in the movie.
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Dec 02 2009, 11:05

I've looked at some of his other work; it seems he normally does take on comic relief roles.
I don't know, but right now I'm thinking he could pull Sokka off.

Yeah, the whole name thing... bah. Doesn't bother me too much though. I hope they did keep the pronunciation correct in the movie though.
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteandperky Wed Dec 02 2009, 15:44

I have only one thing to say. it doesn't look like Mr. Director doesn't like Kataang if Aang can't marry. I think Zutura people will smile at that Aang can't marry ^^
cuteandperky
cuteandperky
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Annards Wed Dec 02 2009, 16:00

I just had a really long post an it..it didn't go through.

Long story short, I saw that interview a week ago (posted it on Hou Tian) and was a little upset, but then remembered that in the DVD promo, the announcer said Sohka, and if it's him saying it, I don't think he'll be saying his own name very often.

But most of it was that I was pretty disappointed how some of you guys acted very immature about a lot of the topics. I'm very against the Aang ain't white crap going on.

In a nutshell, if you can act and portray the character to prove your worthy to take on the role, who give's a rat's ass over whether your tan or not, I mean, come on.

Would you rather have a dead on look alike of Sokka, but he can barely act, or a better actor, that...likes being around blood .-.

As soon as you see the movie and don't like it, I'm all for voicing your opinion. But how do you know some of these rumors are even true, or were ditched early on.

Have faith in Bryke.

(plus, seriously, if it matters that much, they might darken Zuko's scar digitally, or made people tanner.)
Annards
Annards

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Wed Dec 02 2009, 16:06

Annards wrote:I just had a really long post an it..it didn't go through.

Long story short, I saw that interview a week ago (posted it on Hou Tian) and was a little upset, but then remembered that in the DVD promo, the announcer said Sohka, and if it's him saying it, I don't think he'll be saying his own name very often.

But most of it was that I was pretty disappointed how some of you guys acted very immature about a lot of the topics. I'm very against the Aang ain't white crap going on.

In a nutshell, if you can act and portray the character to prove your worthy to take on the role, who give's a rat's ass over whether your tan or not, I mean, come on.

Would you rather have a dead on look alike of Sokka, but he can barely act, or a better actor, that...likes being around blood .-.

As soon as you see the movie and don't like it, I'm all for voicing your opinion. But how do you know some of these rumors are even true, or were ditched early on.

Have faith in Bryke.

(plus, seriously, if it matters that much, they might darken Zuko's scar digitally, or made people tanner.)

*agrees* =D
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  4everZutara Wed Dec 02 2009, 16:53

cuteandperky wrote:I have only one thing to say. it doesn't look like Mr. Director doesn't like Kataang if Aang can't marry. I think Zutura people will smile at that Aang can't marry ^^

You're right I AM SMILING!!! LOL Very Happy
*gasp* your a mind reader
4everZutara
4everZutara
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Wed Dec 02 2009, 18:49

I'm very against the Aang ain't white crap going on.

Are you talking about the idiot they got to play Sokka? I'm sorry, but he can't act his way out of a paper bag. Seriously. He talks like he's chewing his face and he READS his lines, like he's looking at cue cards. He's never had a movie speech that lasted more than 30 seconds -- because he can't memorize that much. THIS is the guy we got to portray the talkative, eloquent Sokka? "Jasper" got the part because M. Night thought young girls weren't Avatar fans, and wanted someone to bring in the teen chick crowd.

Because I, and several people I know, work in the movie industry. And M. Night Shama-llama likes to brag.

Have faith in Bryke.

"Bryke" does not have creative control in this film, meaning they have no say in the matter. If M. Night wants to make Appa a flying rhinocerous and Momo a talking pineapple, there's not a whole lot that Mike or Bryan can do.

Which is racist. Can you imagine a white actor playing Muhammad Ali or George Washington Carver or Juan de Pareja? Would it be OK if the actor got a tan so that he could take a black man's role? There are plenty of terrific Asian actors who got shafted.

As for the "darkening Zuko's scar digitally", it would cost a shitload of money/time to do that in CGI rather than just have makeup do it, but it looks like that's the route that the studio is planning to take. Apparently the execs weren't sure that the kiddies could take watching a disfigured character -- it might be too disturbing -- but initial test screenings showed that kids are pretty jaded and didn't care.
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  4everZutara Wed Dec 02 2009, 20:43

aw how you just gonna dis Jackson like that that's messed up lol

i only really seen jackson in one movie I forgot the name(not) but he talks like that because thats how jasper is but if he talks like that in other movies too then okay but he was good in Law and Order or was it CSI: im not sure

as for zuko scar.....i dont really know which way to go because M.Night Shyamalan said that he wanted it to look realistic and i sorta saw the thing on the pictures but the pictures i saw werent probably a pic they wanted to get out but the ones they put in the magazine there selves werent close up so i DONT KNOW

RANDOM HOUR: Dont you know they are trying to put the full length new the last airbender trailer in the James Cameron AVATAR movie i find that real...fluck up of them I would perfer it in the Alvin And the Chipmucks squekel even thought that comes out later but stilll that would actually kinda make me mad

and

M.Night is acting like a punk because the third twilight movie Eclipse comes out two days before The Last Airbender so they all scared and trying to move the date i don't blame them because if I had to choose between seeing Eclipse for the first time or the last airbender i would choose eclipse if im with my friends but the last airbender if im with my family because they really hyped new moon up and i damn near saw everything on the internet that was in the movie I could have bought it on boot-leg

waste of 8 dollars and 5 dollars for a bottle of water lol
4everZutara
4everZutara
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Wed Dec 02 2009, 21:18

Thanks for proving my point. M. Night is trying to cash in on some of that sweet, sweet Twilight money by luring the audience in with Jackson Rathbone.

Rathbone is what's known as a "Face". There are rules for Faces: it's OK to show the naked upper body, but not the lower (at least not often); no hair below the neck, hairstyle always perfect no matter the situation, teeth always bright white no matter the situation, never be too well-built -- lean is the key, always have a broad smile or a furrowed brow. A Face could swim through a flooded poop factory, be set on fire, and stuff himself with chocolate stickybuns onscreen and still look into the camera with perfectly gelled hair and perfectly whitened smile. The thing is, most Faces (like Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Tim Robbins, William Shatner, Keanu Reeves, Emilio Estevez, Paul Newman, etc.) are given action scenes to show how physically strong they are despite looking rather weak; they're also given a lot of lines to say and a lot of lines to react to -- the better to show off their best asset: the close-up of the face!

Now, don't get me wrong, there are Faces who are good and even great actors. Rathbone just isn't one of them. Notice how, in his scenes (and I'm not just talking Twilight, I'm talking about his L&O episode and his new movie Hurt) he isn't given a lot of long lines to say? Notice how, with the exception of the two-second playground girly push in New Moon, he's never given action scenes? That's not an accident. It's because he's a lousy actor. Rathbone is a Face who can't talk and has no ability to move gracefully. It's a tragedy. If it wasn't for Twilight, he could've easily faded into obscurity as "that guy who was in that thing that one time" [the small part of Jasper really just needed someone who could stand there and look pretty], but Twitards are very well known for leeching onto anything related to their beloved books, no matter how retarded. M Night Shamabamafofanna is banking on exactly that: an assload of rabid Twilight fans stuffing the theaters for a glimpse of "Jasper". I'm betting he tried to get R. Pattinson for a role, too, but Rathbone was cheaper. He's nervous as hell now that Eclipse might be in link at the same time as his movie, because he thinks that Eclipse will steal most of his audience.

That's how M. Night sees you, Avatards. As whiny little bitches who will take any amount of crap so long as you get to see pretty Faces onscreen. Why do you think Jesse McCartney was originally cast as Zuko? Night is notorious for putting bad Faces in his movies -- actors who are nice to look at, but can't act worth shit. The Wahlberg brothers. The chicks who played Mrs. Bruce Willis in "Signs", and in "Unbreakable". Zoe Whatshername from "The Happening". Joaquin Phoenix. Bryce Howard. The Wahlberg brothers. The Wahlberg brothers. The Frikkin' Wahlberg Brothers.
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Wed Dec 02 2009, 22:00

Ok... How about this... I know were suppose to be meeting up to go see the avatar movie... But I just remembered that I'm not paying to see that shit... If I can get a bootlegged copy by then, whats say we all meet up and just watch it instead...

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Wed Dec 02 2009, 22:11

"Bryke" does not have creative control in this film, meaning they have no say in the matter. If M. Night wants to make Appa a flying rhinocerous and Momo a talking pineapple, there's not a whole lot that Mike or Bryan can do.
Exactly.

And if you think about it, not only are Mike and Bryan not saying anything about the film, but nobody from the original team are saying anything about the film, except for...well, take a look for yourself:
ATLA: Live Action Movie - Page 7 3756507329_a479380543

For those of you who don't know(although I'm sure most of us do, lol), this is Sifu Kisu. He was the martial arts instructor/consultant on A:TLA. The sign he is holding refers to the casting call for most of the charaters for M Night's version: Caucasion (or any other ethnicity). Clearly Asians and Native Americans were second choice for actors on the film, and for most of the asian-inspired characters(or at the very least, the very, very inuit-looking Katara and Sokka) this seems a bit fishy.

And if Sifu Kisu, who was just the stunt guy, isn't liking this movie, then I'm not so sure Bryan and Mike would be so supportive either.

That being said though,(as hypocritical as this may sound) I'm still holding out for the new trailer until I decide whether this movie will be bad or not.

Night is notorious for putting bad Faces in his movies -- actors who are nice to look at, but can't act worth shit. The Wahlberg brothers. The chicks who played Mrs. Bruce Willis in "Signs", and in "Unbreakable". Zoe Whatshername from "The Happening". Joaquin Phoenix. Bryce Howard. The Wahlberg brothers. The Wahlberg brothers. The Frikkin' Wahlberg Brothers.
I believe Mr. Phoenix did a fantastic job in Gladiator. As did Mark Wahlberg in The Departed. Maybe it was just a one-time thing.
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciheximal Thu Dec 03 2009, 01:23

Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited by Deciheximal on Thu Dec 03 2009, 03:45; edited 1 time in total
Deciheximal
Deciheximal
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down