Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits.

+15
cuteandperky
damei92
Kratos618
blacktiewhitetie
QuadoftheHeart
toasterghost
Sweetalker
danielledear1
Kaya Tetsu
NuWatts
VeniceGirl
HeySoy!
Shurlon/ssscybro2
Toph13139
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits.

Post  VeniceGirl Fri Aug 28 2009, 11:15

NuWatts wrote:Her feet look too big to me. Besides that, I love it.

I'll make sure to change that. Thanks! ^^

And thanks, Quad! BD
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits.

Post  Toph13139 Fri Aug 28 2009, 13:17

Wow! You are really good with the tablet! Nice job! I love it... Still needs color, though and my photoshop is driving me insane... It's just not working right.

BTW guys, I'm sorry I hadn't been online too much... I'm still on vacations, so probably startin' on sept 7 I can log in regularly again Smile
Toph13139
Toph13139

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Fri Aug 28 2009, 13:29

Toph13139 wrote:Wow! You are really good with the tablet! Nice job! I love it... Still needs color, though and my photoshop is driving me insane... It's just not working right.

BTW guys, I'm sorry I hadn't been online too much... I'm still on vacations, so probably startin' on sept 7 I can log in regularly again Smile

Well, thanks, but that's actually in pencil. XD The scanner I'm using at the moment is making my lines very bold... Don't like it.
(Which is why I'll be redoing the lineart with a tablet.)
Looks like I'm coloring again, then.

Okay, I look forward to seeing you around more often. ^^
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Toph13139 Fri Aug 28 2009, 13:37

Damn! You are good with pencil XD
Toph13139
Toph13139

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Fri Aug 28 2009, 19:14

Hey that looks great! I envy your line work...*sigh*
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  blacktiewhitetie Sun Aug 30 2009, 10:43

Fill it up with colour. I think it's cute.

By the way, the right foot is okay. It's the left feet that looks bigger than it should. Just shrink it digitally. Okies?
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Sun Aug 30 2009, 10:56

blacktiewhitetie wrote:Fill it up with colour. I think it's cute.

By the way, the right foot is okay. It's the left feet that looks bigger than it should. Just shrink it digitally. Okies?

Thanks. (:
I'm redoing the lineart via tablet, so I'll try to fix it. When I post it, let me know if I fixed the problem!
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Sun Aug 30 2009, 21:54

Here we go. I redid the lineart and did a few color tests. It's easy enough to make more; let me know what you guys think of these.
Kienya's Water Tribe and Airbender outfits. - Page 2 Winterkienyacolortests
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Sun Aug 30 2009, 23:53

VeniceGirl wrote:Here we go. I redid the lineart and did a few color tests. It's easy enough to make more; let me know what you guys think of these.

I'm voting on the third one. Very Happy

1st place: 3rd one
2nd place: 1st one
3rd place: 2nd one

Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

https://www.youtube.com/user/danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Sun Aug 30 2009, 23:57

danielledear1 wrote:I'm voting on the third one. Very Happy

1st place: 3rd one
2nd place: 1st one
3rd place: 2nd one

Very Happy

I like the first one. BD
I'm thinking that the 3rd might be a little too bright... so I might tone down the blue if I make some more tests.
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Mon Aug 31 2009, 00:30

VeniceGirl wrote:Here we go. I redid the lineart and did a few color tests. It's easy enough to make more; let me know what you guys think of these.
1st one.
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  damei92 Mon Aug 31 2009, 03:31

i shall remain neutral...xP (cuz i like all of them O.o) Rolling Eyes
the colour and design must represent the character too! Razz
first one looks a little boyish
second one (is the best!) because i think it fits kienya well.
the third one is a little bright...not really a water tribe colour Surprised
oh wells...i love them all! I love you
damei92
damei92
Production Group Member

http://damei.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteandperky Mon Aug 31 2009, 06:20

I love the second one ^^ Very Happy
cuteandperky
cuteandperky
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  blacktiewhitetie Mon Aug 31 2009, 08:12

First or second. But my initial reaction was to like the first one.
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Aug 31 2009, 17:15

I think the second one has colors kinda like Yasora's... idk why. XD Also... the more that I think about, the more I like the 1st one. The brighter shades of blue are normally used in the Norther Water Tribe. The 1st one seems to have more duller (i doubt that's the right word... but ya know what I mean XD) shades of blue. The southern tribe uses those kinds... I think so anyway... so now I think the first one fits! Very Happy But about Kienya's skin tone... does it seem a bit too... tan?
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Mon Aug 31 2009, 19:41

danielledear1 wrote:I think the second one has colors kinda like Yasora's... idk why. XD Also... the more that I think about, the more I like the 1st one. The brighter shades of blue are normally used in the Norther Water Tribe. The 1st one seems to have more duller (i doubt that's the right word... but ya know what I mean XD) shades of blue. The southern tribe uses those kinds... I think so anyway... so now I think the first one fits! Very Happy But about Kienya's skin tone... does it seem a bit too... tan?

Well, it seems most people are liking the first one... as well as the second one. We'll see.

Ah, the skin tone. I made her skin tanner because she is part Water Tribe. She's not as tan as Jillian, though, who is full Water Tribe. I can imagine her as being able to tan easily (whereas Yasora might burn easily...).
I guess now that we're talking about it, we can bring it up. What does everyone else think about her skin tone?
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Aug 31 2009, 19:57

VeniceGirl wrote:
danielledear1 wrote:I think the second one has colors kinda like Yasora's... idk why. XD Also... the more that I think about, the more I like the 1st one. The brighter shades of blue are normally used in the Norther Water Tribe. The 1st one seems to have more duller (i doubt that's the right word... but ya know what I mean XD) shades of blue. The southern tribe uses those kinds... I think so anyway... so now I think the first one fits! Very Happy But about Kienya's skin tone... does it seem a bit too... tan?

Well, it seems most people are liking the first one... as well as the second one. We'll see.

Ah, the skin tone. I made her skin tanner because she is part Water Tribe. She's not as tan as Jillian, though, who is full Water Tribe. I can imagine her as being able to tan easily (whereas Yasora might burn easily...).
I guess now that we're talking about it, we can bring it up. What does everyone else think about her skin tone?

But what about Kienya's skin tone in your other pic? The ones with her in her airbender clothes? It's lighter! It's magic. O_O
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Tue Sep 01 2009, 00:57

danielledear1 wrote:But what about Kienya's skin tone in your other pic? The ones with her in her airbender clothes? It's lighter! It's magic. O_O

The one that I drew of her? It's the same exact tone. XD
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Tue Sep 01 2009, 09:50

I like the second one....

And the reason why She looks tanner here is because the blues in the outfit.

In her airbender clothes its more lighter because the colors are brighter...

at least thats what im guessing
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Tue Sep 01 2009, 17:06

VeniceGirl wrote:
danielledear1 wrote:But what about Kienya's skin tone in your other pic? The ones with her in her airbender clothes? It's lighter! It's magic. O_O

The one that I drew of her? It's the same exact tone. XD

Really? You sure? Double-checked? I thought for sure that the pic of her in airbender clothes was lighter... oh well. XD

About the colors on the Water Tribe outfit:
I like the first one because it's kinda dull and the colors on the clothes of people from the Southern Water Tribe are normally duller shades of blue.

I like the third one because with the fact that it's bright.... it looks cute on Kienya and it matches her personality.

Not too much of a fan for the second one because to me, it looks too much like Yasora's (and I have NO idea why!) plus I'm not a big fan of the color combination...

that's all I gotta say. I'll leave you to it, Jillian! Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  Toph13139 Wed Sep 02 2009, 00:59

I like the first one definitely. The conbination of soft blues with the darker colors fits perfectly with the outfit.... I was doing it that way (With a green in the middle but... ack!)... Then my photoshop crapped on its pants and gave me a hard time for not cleaning it up Very Happy

I love the color sketches and it looks so much better!

But the first one is my winner Smile
Toph13139
Toph13139

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Sun Sep 06 2009, 22:54

Anyways, I think we'll be sticking to choice #1.
And thanks, Toph13139! ^^
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Fri Sep 11 2009, 16:24

Tria brought up an interesting question to me: does Kienya (in her airbending outfit) have sleeves on her tunic, or is it sleeveless? The short cloak normally covers her upper arms, but it's still a detail that needs to be figured out.

I'd imagined the tunic as sleeveless.
Thoughts from anyone else?
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  cory Fri Sep 11 2009, 16:51

I think that it should be sleeveless as well.
If there were sleeves they'd just get bunched up against the shawl-thing and I think it'd be uncomfortable.
Blah.

And if she did have sleeves it would kinda defeat the purpose of the little shoulder cloak.

cory
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Fri Sep 11 2009, 17:29

Tria also opted for sleevless.

Sleevless it is. BD
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next