Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yasora Art

+15
CriticsConfession
Kratos618
damei92
HeySoy!
nclartist
Sweetalker
danielledear1
thedarklilly105
VeniceGirl
shasyu
xxsoranxx
NuWatts
blacktiewhitetie
19 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Yasora Art Empty Yasora Art

Post  blacktiewhitetie Tue Jun 30 2009, 04:19

Dedicated to Yasora, and only Yasora, since we're pretty lacking in her stuff.
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Yasora Art Empty Some details of Yasora for easy referance

Post  blacktiewhitetie Tue Jun 30 2009, 04:20

Yasora is 14-year old
yasora is not a waterbender, so she cannot heal
Yasora feels obligated to take care of Kienya
she can sometimes become too overprotective.
She is the voice of reason in the group
A gifted musician, Yasora is always there to play a tune whenever someone is feeling down.
she has a crush on Luten
She's definitely not the most mature member of the group.
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Yasora Art Empty Re: Yasora Art

Post  NuWatts Wed Jul 01 2009, 00:44

The Characters group should be working more on Yasora soon. In the mean time, I'll just clarify a few of the points you made.

blacktiewhitetie wrote:yasora is not a waterbender, so she cannot heal
She cannot heal with waterbending, yes. And since Jillian will probably be able to use her waterbending to heal, Yasora wouldn't need to have any medical skills at all (besides basic first aid). Also, just note that Yasora has no bending abilities whatsoever.

Yasora feels obligated to take care of Kienya
she can sometimes become too overprotective
And Yasora's lack of any bending (or other fighting) skills while Kienya is a talented airbender makes these traits a contradiction to reality. Yasora will need to eventually confront the truth that she cannot protect Kienya; at least, not with her current abilities...

She is the voice of reason in the group
A gifted musician, Yasora is always there to play a tune whenever someone is feeling down.
Both of these ideas have kind of been abandoned.
Jillian is much more mature, so she is more likely to be "the voice of reason" for the group. Even if she's not, Shen, or even Luten could fill this role better.
Additionally, we may still have her be a musician, but we haven't seen this played out in the scripts so far, and we're not sure how this would fit into her personality.
So, hold off on these two traits for the moment.

She's definitely not the most mature member of the group.
Yup. She's just starting to hit that age where a young girl begins to mature into a woman. Begins. Wink
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

https://www.youtube.com/NuWatts

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Wed Jul 01 2009, 15:38

We definitely need a personality for her...We all know Kienya is jumping all over the place with energy and happy as can be which is something but Yasora is just...theres like nothin there @.@
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Wed Jul 01 2009, 17:29

xXSoranXx wrote:We definitely need a personality for her...We all know Kienya is jumping all over the place with energy and happy as can be which is something but Yasora is just...theres like nothin there @.@

I'd say yasora should be timid. Like she has no confidence in herself, although the others encourage her. Her character shouldn't worry about how she looks. she should also have a fear of insects, but love animals.
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/smrguysirman123

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Jul 01 2009, 19:48

AGREED. We badly need more Yasora art.
As well as more Yasora development/figuring-out-what-the-heck-she's-like. (Although this is more suited for the character developers, I think it's also important for artists....)
I like the idea of a kind of shy Yasora... who kind of builds up an inner strength to deal with her problems as the story progresses.
A cute hanbok matches that personality perfectly. BD
And even though it was never mentioned in the scripts, I like Nao's idea of her being a musician. VENICEGIRL APPROVED IDEA Like anyone cares
But yes, I suppose it's really up to the character developers.

Sora, you know that there's a place in the Actor's forum where we can give our feedback on the characters we're playing? We should totally take advantage of that. *loves taking advantage of things*
........ What? It's what those places are there for...
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blacktiewhitetie Wed Jul 01 2009, 21:22

But the characters developer's AGREED she should be a talented musician.

And btw, those info I gave on top was nicked from their forum. Period.
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  NuWatts Thu Jul 02 2009, 00:12

blacktiewhitetie wrote:And btw, those info I gave on top was nicked from their forum. Period.
Correct, but things change over time. Our ideas about the script, the characters, and everything else have been slowly modified to make a better presentation.

For example, Gu Jing was originally going to speak. It's now looking like he won't be able to speak well (if at all) due to the fact that he's a skeleton.

Our idea about Yasora being the "voice of reason" for the group has now been abandoned since other characters in the group will have already taken that role.

BTW, I have directly asked the Characters group to concentrate on working up more details for Yasora to give you Artists more to go on. Watch the Yasora Info... topic to see its development...
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Sun Jul 12 2009, 14:42

Um, I was thinking I had a few ideas for Yasora, just suggestions. I don't care if they are used or not but since everyone is having such a hard time coming up with Yasora's personality, maybe I could help..
I was thinking that Yasora should but the quiet thoughtful type, always hesitant to try new things and self conscious. She seems sure but secretly she doubts herself. She feels as if she is a burden to the gang since she can't bend and wonders where her place in the world is, or if she has a place at all. She wishes to help protect Kienya like Jillian and give her the strength to help her fill the role as the last air bender, she wants to step up and be the big sister for Kienya, but her self-doubts weigh her down. She often wonders what happened to her parents, why did they leave her? Sometimes she blames her self for that, thinking they abandoned her because she was a burden to them as well. Maybe the world would just be better off without her? Yasora tries to push these thoughts aside most of the time and focus on finding ways to help the gang the best she can. (She has a lot of inner conflict) I think her role in the show should be the one who is always underestimating herself but eventually finds her place in the world with the help of her friends. Or maybe there will be a time when she has to step up to the plate and do something nobody else could..? Maybe she has a hidden strength she doesn't know about? Or maybe she discovers that she is needed by the rest of the group much more than she previously thought.
Anyways, those are my thoughts for Yasora. Sorry is some of it doesn't make sense, I have to admit I didn't read all the info on her. I basically skimmed over and took note of the important points. I think I got the just of it but sorry if I missed something.
I hope that helped. Razz
Bye!
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Jul 13 2009, 01:03

I got an idea for Yasora's clothing.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2655663674_fc64b555f2.jpg?v=0

It's basically a dress a female Korean sword dancer would wear for a performance. And I know Yasora's dress doesn't have to be EXACTLY like that. But this gives a good idea. It's a bit more roomy than the regular Korean dress called a Hanbok. Maybe (if we used this dress), we can make it simpler and more Earth Kingdom or something. You can also see how this dress moves if you watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUdkQQQnOXA
danielledear1
danielledear1

https://www.youtube.com/user/danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Mon Jul 13 2009, 15:16

That is really pretty but I think we would have to tone down the colours a bit.. and change it to suit the avatar world.. Smile
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Jul 13 2009, 15:38

thedarklilly105 wrote:That is really pretty but I think we would have to tone down the colours a bit.. and change it to suit the avatar world.. Smile

I agree. maybe change the sleeves a little bit too. The point of the dress being loose is so that the performer can move around easily, fluid, and gracefully. Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Mon Jul 13 2009, 21:22

I liked the video alot...its really..fluidy. Maybe she can wear that when she learns like hand to hand combat or something
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NuWatts Mon Jul 13 2009, 23:00

xXSoranXx wrote:I liked the video alot...its really..fluidy. Maybe she can wear that when she learns like hand to hand combat or something
ARG! I'm tellin' you guys... hand-to-hand combat would NOT work for Yasora! Razz

Whatever the case, Yasora won't be learning any new skills until Season 2... and we still haven't decided on her appearance for Season 1!!

I'd really like to see some more Yasora art...
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Jul 13 2009, 23:39

NuWatts wrote:
xXSoranXx wrote:I liked the video alot...its really..fluidy. Maybe she can wear that when she learns like hand to hand combat or something
ARG! I'm tellin' you guys... hand-to-hand combat would NOT work for Yasora! Razz

Whatever the case, Yasora won't be learning any new skills until Season 2... and we still haven't decided on her appearance for Season 1!!

I'd really like to see some more Yasora art...

OK. Well, I'm honestly hoping Yasora learns how to use a bow and arrow later. And I think that the outfit would be good for a lot of things. Moving around, running, blah blah blah. Very Happy

But still, what do you think about the outfit NuWatts? If Yasora were to wear that, I think all we'd have to do is make it simpler, maybe make it green and stuff, and maybe changes the sleeves a bit.
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Mon Jul 13 2009, 23:50

Oh. So do we have to get the "Ok" from Venicegirl when we are done drawing..? I thought that we were all contributing as much as we could as best we could and were all, I don't know, equal I geuss.. confused I can understand why Venicegirl would be the 'leader' though, she is an amazing artist, and has contributed A LOT.
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NuWatts Tue Jul 14 2009, 00:44

thedarklilly105 wrote:Oh. So do we have to get the "Ok" from Venicegirl when we are done drawing..? I thought that we were all contributing as much as we could as best we could and were all, I don't know, equal I geuss.. confused I can understand why Venicegirl would be the 'leader' though, she is an amazing artist, and has contributed A LOT.
Don't get the differences confused between "equal members" and "members with different roles." All Developers are equal, in the sense that everyone's opinion counts. However, every Developer has specific roles and tasks assigned to them. For example, some artists will draw characters, others animals, others backgrounds...

Additionally, every Production Group (including the Art group) has at least one Leader who is responsible for keeping the group on task and judging everyone's work. This doesn't make the Leader "more important," but it DOES mean that the Leader has a different role to fill with more responsibilities.

Hope that makes sense. Wink
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  NuWatts Tue Jul 14 2009, 00:47

danielledear1 wrote:But still, what do you think about the outfit NuWatts?
My opinion doesn't matter. I'm not a member of the Art group, I'm not Yasora's Character Developer, and I have horrible fashion taste. Razz
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  shasyu Tue Jul 14 2009, 01:35

thedarklilly105 wrote:Oh. So do we have to get the "Ok" from Venicegirl when we are done drawing..? I thought that we were all contributing as much as we could as best we could and were all, I don't know, equal I geuss.. confused I can understand why Venicegirl would be the 'leader' though, she is an amazing artist, and has contributed A LOT.

just draw what you can, using the info from the character sheets and added suggestions. show them off anyway, even if it wont be final
shasyu
shasyu
Production Group Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/smrguysirman123

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Tue Jul 14 2009, 13:29

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. Very Happy
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Tue Jul 14 2009, 22:35

@NuWatts : I know I know actually im for the bow an arrow idea....just that some people liked the hand to hand combat idea as well..*shrug*....wouldnt mind cracking some heads with a arrow tho.....evil grin*
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Tue Jul 14 2009, 22:56

xXSoranXx wrote:@NuWatts : I know I know actually im for the bow an arrow idea....just that some people liked the hand to hand combat idea as well..*shrug*....wouldnt mind cracking some heads with a arrow tho.....evil grin*

lol
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Wed Jul 15 2009, 00:13

I really like the bow+arrow idea for Yasora.. I think it would be really cool. Razz
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Wed Jul 15 2009, 00:16

Yeah. Bows and arrows would fit her better than hand-to-hand combat.
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  thedarklilly105 Wed Jul 15 2009, 11:23

yes, they are more graceful and better suit her character.. I think I'll draw her with a bow+arrow just to make sure. But I sort of have drawer's block right now which is a huge pain. Mad hopefully it will go away soon!
thedarklilly105
thedarklilly105
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum