Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting for the Live Action Movie.

+17
Deciheximal
Annards
cory
CriticsConfession
xxsoranxx
morgan4816
QuadoftheHeart
nclartist
blackjackAV
NuWatts
Kratos618
shasyu
danielledear1
VeniceGirl
cuteandperky
Sweetalker
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Meeting for the Live Action Movie. - Page 5 Empty Re: Meeting for the Live Action Movie.

Post  danielledear1 Mon Oct 19 2009, 23:56

Sweetalker wrote:Leave it to the Research Queen to find out. Here's just a partial list of what I found:

Campbell House Inn (1375 Harrodsburg Road, now a restaurant) One woman was stabbed to death on the steps. You can still see blood stains in the carpet on the stairs; despite the owner’s best efforts, the stain will not go away. Another woman was shot in a third story room. Strange happenings have occurred such as doors slamming and seeing things that really aren’t there. Featured in Episode 5 of “Ghost Trackers”.

Don Young Farm House - Haunted by the spirit if the old man who died building the farm house in the late 1800s. It's rumored that his ghost still walks the property slamming doors and opening and closing windows into the wee hours of the night. Once in a while you can hear cars coming up the gravel driveway, and nothing is there.

Eastern State Hospital (formerly Fayette Hospital and Lunatic Asylum) - organized in 1817, the second oldest mental institution in the U.S. The often overcrowded facility was meant to house “incurable violent lunatics”, the youngest patient only 7 years old. Thousands of patients and hospital employees have died and been buried on the grounds. Local industrial development resulted in a relocation of many cemetery graves to a small common area of land near the hospital grounds. http://www.kentuckyareaparanormalsociety.info/esh.html (Video and EVP from paranormal investigators)
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/eastern_ky/timelinedoc.html (Timeline of memorable events on the property)

Gratz Park Inn (120 West Second Street) A little girl in Victorian dress has been seen playing with her dolls near the second floor elevators; an elderly gentleman likes to startle people by turning on TVs; and another forlorn-looking man has been seen on the lower level. No one knows who the ghosts are -- the building dates to 1916, and was used as a medical clinic, with a morgue on the lower level -- but like hotel guests, the ghosts seem to enjoy a good night’s sleep. Most sightings have been during the day. The only complaint management has received about the ghosts came when Stephen King stayed at the hotel. King complained – because the ghosts didn’t make an appearance during his stay!

Hunt-Morgan House (“Hopemont”) (201 North Mill Street) - Built in 1814 by millionaire John Wesley Hunt, this two story brick house was almost torn down but was rescued by the Foundation for the Preservation of Historic Lexington. All the original appearances have been restored. John Wesley Hunt died suddenly from a bout of cholera in 1849; his ghost has been seen walking down the halls, going about his business. Nursemaid Bouviette “Aunt Betty” James died sometime after the Civil War and was laid out in the parlor, then buried in the family plot. Her ghost has been seen in the third floor nursery, and has been known to sing to children and stroke their hair. She wears a turban and bright red shoes.

Leestown Division VA Hospital - Built in 1930s, made up of many different buildings and a huge, wooded grounds area. Several ghosts have been experienced, as well as screams and moans, doors slamming, footsteps, disembodied voices talking and equipment and appliances turning on and off by themselves.

Loudoun House (now home to the Lexington Art League, 201 Castlewood Drive) - An 1852 gothic villa, built for the son of John Wesley Hunt. A Victorian woman haunts the western half of the house, as well as an apparition of a black cat, and the apparition of another Victorian woman seen in the former dining room. You can smell an antique floral perfume in one of the upstairs rooms now used as a studio, and hear voices and distant strains of ballroom music sometimes.

Griffin Gate Mansion (now a restaurant) - A 5-year-old girl named Greta still haunts “her” Blue Ashe Room on the second floor. She will tug on dresses and lock people in an upstairs bathroom. Lights flicker, candles light themselves and cold breezes are common, even though there are no vents. If someone makes her mad, Greta slams the shutters on the windows and sways the chandeliers. She is thought to be the daughter of the house’s original 19th century owner. One psychic from GCI has said an entire family of ghosts lives on the second floor. Ghost hunter Starr Chaney recorded EVP of Greta playing hide-and-seek; a childlike voice can clearly be heard saying in a sing-song tone, "You'll never find me.” More EVPs (some very creepy) of the Blue Ashe Room: http://www.ghosthunter.com/evps.htm

Planters Row Golf Course - The owner says that the clubhouse is haunted, one unnamed room in particular. Ghost Chasers International has gotten EVP of young girls laughing, and lots of tapping noises and footsteps in empty rooms.

Transylvania University - There is said to have been a suicide here and at night in a certain dorm you can wake up and see a male student standing in front of your bed wearing gym shorts, or the student sitting in the room that used to be his. There is also supposedly a curse on the “Founder’s Cabin”, put there by the university founder when he died.

University of Kentucky - Guignol Theatre - Witnesses report feeling as if being watched....strange banging noises at night. Some claim to have a seen a ghostly man wandering the catwalk or the lighting booth.

Cemeteries:

Lexington Cemetery - One particular tomb has the feel of anger and often a large black blob can be seen near, or in the back of, the mausoleum.

Witches Cemetary

Union Cemetery

Highland Cemetery

WOOOOOT!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy I've never been to a haunted place but I want to SOOO badly! Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

https://www.youtube.com/user/danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Meeting for the Live Action Movie. - Page 5 Empty Re: Meeting for the Live Action Movie.

Post  Sweetalker Tue Oct 20 2009, 00:20

Dani you should go to Jonesborough sometime. It's Tennessee's oldest town, chock full of ghosts. I lived in one old house where huge puffs of smoke would appear in front of the bricked-up fireplace in the bedroom. Cords for radios, heaters, microwave, clocks, etc. would often end up tied -- like someone had unplugged them, tied them in a nice neat little bow, then plugged them back in. My landlord tried to blame it on mice. I told him "then they are very decorative mice".

I tried to hang up pictures -- they would always fall to the floor within a few hours. Always. Didn't matter where I hung them up, they would fall. I tried taping up posters instead, to hide some stains on the walls -- the posters fell, too. Strangely enough, there were already some pictures on the walls from the previous tenant (who had died) -- those pictures stayed up. (My first full night there, I hung up a bunch of pictures in the bedroom and went to bed; I woke up when EVERY SINGLE PICTURE fell off the wall at once.)

The front porch light would always work... until it was nighttime. The moment it turned dark, the bulb would dim down and go off. You could take out the bulb, put it in something else, and the bulb would work. You could put in a new bulb, and the light still wouldn't work. But turn it on in the morning, when it's sunny, and the light worked fine. Something else strange -- my cat wouldn't set foot on the wraparound porch after dark. Carry her to the yard, and she had no problems; put her in the house, she would purr. But if you tried to put her on the porch after sundown, she would claw her way up to your shoulder.

I stayed there for months (hey, it was a big house, and cheap!) The last straw was when bees and wasps appeared one morning, crawling all over the bedroom walls. I'm allergic to bees, so I called the landlord who called an exterminator, who said it was very rare that bees and wasps would show up in the same house, much less the same room. He also said he couldn't find where the insects had come from -- no nests, hives, nothing. He sprayed the whole house while I stayed with a neighbor -- the night I came back, more wasps, more bees.

The fireplace was torn down after I moved out and the construction workers found an old photograph (VERY old) behind the bricks, on the back someone had written "I was most distressed you could not come to my party." I have no idea what it meant, but it was creepy. The landlord called me to see if it was mine, he thought I might have dropped it.
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Tue Oct 20 2009, 04:22

cory wrote:-failurecorydidn'treadthisthreaduntilnow-
After sifting through all of this, I have to say I'm on the fence, mostly because I'm generally new here and so don't know you all as much as you know each other.
Living in Northern VA getting to Kentucky wouldn't be that much of a hassle for me.
And although I'll be nearly twenty by that time, I can't guarantee that my parents would be all for this.
Though they'd be swayed if I had come to know you all.
So I basically have a half a year to really get involved in Avatar: DoD!

Ug, I'll be 20 by that time, and my parents are still really hesitant about it. But after a bit of talking, I think they'll be alright with me going. As long as I keep my grades up...
It definitely won't take half a year. Especially since we're setting up skype meetings. That's where all the fun happens. BD

What is all this haunted stuff? 0___0
Sweetalker, I listened to some of the EVP's. Creepy...
And your old house... oh gosh.
*officially creeped out*
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Tue Oct 20 2009, 08:23

Sweetalker wrote:Dani you should go to Jonesborough sometime. It's Tennessee's oldest town, chock full of ghosts. I lived in one old house where huge puffs of smoke would appear in front of the bricked-up fireplace in the bedroom. Cords for radios, heaters, microwave, clocks, etc. would often end up tied -- like someone had unplugged them, tied them in a nice neat little bow, then plugged them back in. My landlord tried to blame it on mice. I told him "then they are very decorative mice".

I tried to hang up pictures -- they would always fall to the floor within a few hours. Always. Didn't matter where I hung them up, they would fall. I tried taping up posters instead, to hide some stains on the walls -- the posters fell, too. Strangely enough, there were already some pictures on the walls from the previous tenant (who had died) -- those pictures stayed up. (My first full night there, I hung up a bunch of pictures in the bedroom and went to bed; I woke up when EVERY SINGLE PICTURE fell off the wall at once.)

The front porch light would always work... until it was nighttime. The moment it turned dark, the bulb would dim down and go off. You could take out the bulb, put it in something else, and the bulb would work. You could put in a new bulb, and the light still wouldn't work. But turn it on in the morning, when it's sunny, and the light worked fine. Something else strange -- my cat wouldn't set foot on the wraparound porch after dark. Carry her to the yard, and she had no problems; put her in the house, she would purr. But if you tried to put her on the porch after sundown, she would claw her way up to your shoulder.

I stayed there for months (hey, it was a big house, and cheap!) The last straw was when bees and wasps appeared one morning, crawling all over the bedroom walls. I'm allergic to bees, so I called the landlord who called an exterminator, who said it was very rare that bees and wasps would show up in the same house, much less the same room. He also said he couldn't find where the insects had come from -- no nests, hives, nothing. He sprayed the whole house while I stayed with a neighbor -- the night I came back, more wasps, more bees.

The fireplace was torn down after I moved out and the construction workers found an old photograph (VERY old) behind the bricks, on the back someone had written "I was most distressed you could not come to my party." I have no idea what it meant, but it was creepy. The landlord called me to see if it was mine, he thought I might have dropped it.

I wanna go now >.< Very Happy

I remember I was supposed to go to Bell Witch cave either last year or the year before but we couldn't go... Bell Witch place isn't too far from Clarksville...

Also... my mom saw a lot when she was living in a little Korean town (idk if it's a town or village... it's so tiny XD), it was haunted.

1. Her home was haunted. Body parts were buried around it. She heard scratching and tapping on the stone floor. She and her brother and maybe one or two of her sisters experienced the same thing but her mom, dad, and other sister didn't hear anything.

2. Her uncle's home. She went there with one of her sister's and one night they were watching TV (TV was kinda rare at the time and her uncle had one) and the front door was opened. The gate that led to the house was there. There was a red light just flying around. My mom tried to get her sister to see it, but when her sister turned, it was gone. I believe my mom's cousin died at the house... because she was outside in the cold (AND she was a sickly person) or something....

3. There's a haunted road. It's always empty. But whenever someone goes across, they suddenly get hit by a car. One day, a boy's grandma/mom (can't remember) went across unharmed. She told the boy to go across since there were no cars coming. When he came on the road... he was suddenly hit. Then... once a year, one person from each family living in the area died from the road. A Buddhist monk came and said how many people would die or something... I don't remember how many though. lol XD
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  nclartist Tue Oct 20 2009, 16:59

woah thts alot of ghost places. lol.. Very Happy
nclartist
nclartist
Production Group Leader

https://www.youtube.com/nclartist

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteandperky Wed Oct 21 2009, 13:56

Guys , not to burst your bubble .... But I am getting scared!!! pale

LOL , you could drag me in there and I'll be so scared ...

But saying that - my house has a bad past that my Dad told me a week ago...
cuteandperky
cuteandperky
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Wed Oct 21 2009, 17:00

Oh yeah! There's a house that's in Clarksville... I believe it's very close to the area where we shop... on a street called Oakland Road.... I think... XD

It's weird. Everyone who lived in the house would just leave... and my mom would see fire trucks and police cars and stuff whenever someone moved out. Now... NO ONE lives there. And for some reason... there's a light in the kitchen that is ALWAYS on at night... and NO ONE lives there. O_o

Wow... now I wanna check it out on Halloween or something. lol XD

So what's this past of your house anyway???? Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteandperky Thu Oct 22 2009, 07:51

danielledear1 wrote:Oh yeah! There's a house that's in Clarksville... I believe it's very close to the area where we shop... on a street called Oakland Road.... I think... XD

It's weird. Everyone who lived in the house would just leave... and my mom would see fire trucks and police cars and stuff whenever someone moved out. Now... NO ONE lives there. And for some reason... there's a light in the kitchen that is ALWAYS on at night... and NO ONE lives there. O_o

LOL ^^
We think a goast of this old nutter lives in our house. STORY TIME YAY!!

When my house was built 80 years ago (give or take a few) this young newly wedds brought the house. Then soon after WW1 breaks out and the man goes off to war. But , when he comes back he has changed. All the warfare in France or wherever he went made him go mad in the head. He kept worrying that the enemy was going to find him and kill him. But , the war was over. The slammed the door repetadly for hours every day. Then he and his wife separated and the man got sent to a mental home. But , at 1 in the morning sometimes in my house the door starts slamming really randomly even though the windows are closed. So we think it's that guy.

Then another mentel idot came to my house 40 odd years ago and there was a really nice cupole from India who used to live next door. On my brother's wall that faces the house. There was Nazi signs and symbols and hurtful comments directed to them. We found out this out 2 years ago when we were decarating my brother's room and we saw all that. Now my brother doesn't want to sleep in that room so my Dad plays guatair in there instead...

Also people who have lived in my house haven't stayed here very long apparently we have been the people who have stayed here the longest ( 10 years) people have been scared of the goast or not liked the house that much ...

Then I live here makes sense ^^ I have lots of spooky stories about my friends house where I saw a goast but that would take forever to tell ...
cuteandperky
cuteandperky
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Thu Oct 22 2009, 08:15

cuteandperky wrote:
danielledear1 wrote:Oh yeah! There's a house that's in Clarksville... I believe it's very close to the area where we shop... on a street called Oakland Road.... I think... XD

LOL ^^
We think a goast of this old nutter lives in our house. STORY TIME YAY!!

When my house was built 80 years ago (give or take a few) this young newly wedds brought the house. Then soon after WW1 breaks out and the man goes off to war. But , when he comes back he has changed. All the warfare in France or wherever he went made him go mad in the head. He kept worrying that the enemy was going to find him and kill him. But , the war was over. The slammed the door repetadly for hours every day. Then he and his wife separated and the man got sent to a mental home. But , at 1 in the morning sometimes in my house the door starts slamming really randomly even though the windows are closed. So we think it's that guy.

Then another mentel idot came to my house 40 odd years ago and there was a really nice cupole from India who used to live next door. On my brother's wall that faces the house. There was Nazi signs and symbols and hurtful comments directed to them. We found out this out 2 years ago when we were decarating my brother's room and we saw all that. Now my brother doesn't want to sleep in that room so my Dad plays guatair in there instead...

Also people who have lived in my house haven't stayed here very long apparently we have been the people who have stayed here the longest ( 10 years) people have been scared of the goast or not liked the house that much ...

Then I live here makes sense ^^ I have lots of spooky stories about my friends house where I saw a goast but that would take forever to tell ...

OMG that IS scary. O_o Well... England is pretty haunted... old country. XD
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  Annards Fri Nov 27 2009, 21:22

So, wow, REALLY late in reading this (thanks VG Very Happy!!)

It'd be stretch for me, although I can see it happening.

My cons:
14 year old girl.
I live in Akron Ohio, which is....much further north than VG ha.
My bio/esp2 grades haven't been stunning.
I won't know who has custody until after the trial in, one in Jan...there might be one in March, I think.

Pros:
You're awesome.
Grades still pretty good.
My dad trusts this stuff quite a bit.
We've done 24 hr+ drives before, driving shouldn't be a problem.

I think though that I might have to have something more official and definitely have my dad or someone talk to you via Skype or something. I don't know if he would want that, but it wouldn't hurt. Like said earlier, it's pretty unlikely there's a child molester that was accepted to help animate a fan-series off of a TV-Y7 Nick show, and...yeah. xD
Annards
Annards

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Sun Nov 29 2009, 13:58

Annards wrote:Like said earlier, it's pretty unlikely there's a child molester that was accepted to help animate a fan-series off of a TV-Y7 Nick show, and...yeah. xD

Lol... Just dont go off alone with anyone... Trust... No one...

And I swear, If I drive all the way out to meet you guys, and I get molested, it had better be worth it... (Though something tells me after watching the movie we'll all feel a little violated)

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Mon Nov 30 2009, 13:38

SerialKiffer wrote:And I swear, If I drive all the way out to meet you guys, and I get molested, it had better be worth it... (Though something tells me after watching the movie we'll all feel a little violated)

ARGH! Now I have to explain why I'm laughing my ass off in the middle of a meeting...

Yeah, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that nobody go off one-on-one with anyone else, no matter how well you may know them from DoD. (If you happen to see me make an exception or two to this rule, it's because I met a few of these knuckleheads waaaay before DoD.)

Annards -- or anyone else who needs parental reassurance -- I'll be happy to vouch for us being real, though I can't guarantee your safety as I won't be able to be with everybody 24/7. We WILL be in a group, though, and the cannibalism/goat-sacrificing/ rituals don't start until after 2am *cough* I mean, we won't be doing anything truly dangerous. Movie, dinner, hotel, probably a get-together party at the meeting room of the hotel too. All of that, in reverse order.

In fact, I'd prefer that everybody under 18 have a parent present (hate to be an old fuddy-duddy, but I hate lawsuits) but the "main events" at the hotel and theater are pretty standard and safe, for the teens who want to be there sans parental units. PM me a phone number, your name and parents' names, and a time to call, and we'll work something out. Like I said, I can't promise that I'll be with you the whole time, but I can assure them that we're not a scam or a cult. (We're not..... right?)
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Annards Mon Nov 30 2009, 14:28

I thought I had posted something after that...but after that post I asked my dad and he's all for it. Obviously since I can't drive myself (xD) and I'm the oldest child, we have to bring the younger kids, but they're cool, and...hmm...I'm still trying to work this out in my head.

And Dee (soon-to-be stepmom) said that it's probably going to be busy considering it's 4th of July weekend...and on that note I advise us not driving back on Monday .... 0-0
Annards
Annards

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjackAV Mon Nov 30 2009, 17:34

Sweetalker wrote:probably a get-together party

ah sick! I'm the BEST at Beer Pong!
... there will be Beer Pong right?
blackjackAV
blackjackAV
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Mon Nov 30 2009, 20:50

Sweetalker wrote:
ARGH! Now I have to explain why I'm laughing my ass off in the middle of a meeting...
Sorry... *bangs head on floor* Bad kiffer... Bad kiffer...

Sweetalker wrote:
If you happen to see me make an exception or two to this rule, it's because I met a few of these knuckleheads waaaay before DoD.
Yeah and if you see me doing the same thing, something too horrific for words is happening just around the scarcely lit corner... So dont go snooping... stay with the crowd...

Sweetalker wrote:
I can assure them that we're not a scam or a cult. (We're not..... right?)
Ok for real, thats nothing to joke about... Because I can honestly say that we are NOT a scam... I mean really...

blackjackAV wrote:
Sweetalker wrote:probably a get-together party

ah sick! I'm the BEST at Beer Pong!
... there will be Beer Pong right?

U gota byob...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Tue Dec 01 2009, 00:21

OK, being the old fuddy-duddy again for a moment, it's probably not the best idea to bring beer to a party with "mixed company" (minors and over-21s). Not that I don't trust our beloved teenage friends, but it'd be far too easy to have the party broken up by cops, and getting arrested for contributing to the delinquency of minors. Far, far too easy.

HOWeva, if there are enough of us with (GENUINE!) IDs, there *are* bars in the area... I count at least me, Deci, and Kiffer, possibly Ash. Anyone else?
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Tue Dec 01 2009, 00:38

Sweetalker wrote:It's probably not the best idea to bring beer to a party with "mixed company" (minors and over-21s).
Oh no, no, no, no, no... I had hoped he was joking... If people are bringing parents and stuff I think we should at least look somewhat responsible...

Sweetalker wrote:
HOWeva, if there are enough of us with (GENUINE!) IDs, there *are* bars in the area... I count at least me, Deci, and Kiffer, possibly Ash. Anyone else?
I don't usually like public drinking, but if u guys want me to come I'll tag along...

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjackAV Tue Dec 01 2009, 01:40

lol ya it was a joke I'm only 19 XD I don't drink
i'd probably end up partying w/ the minors anyway
blackjackAV
blackjackAV
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciheximal Thu Dec 03 2009, 03:45

I'm not looking forward to the movie, but it sounds like a fun social trip. If when the movie rolls out, if I have the time and budget to wander down to Confederate territory, I'll be there.
Deciheximal
Deciheximal
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaya Tetsu Thu Dec 03 2009, 04:53

I am not a minor Razz.

But honestly if parents are there we should try to create the best image possible. Besides, I hate beer. *shifty eyes*....*Hides behind sweetalker as assorted objects fly my way*

I'll try and find my way up there. We'll see. It depends on whether I can drive or not by then.

Kaya Tetsu
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar: DoD Thu Dec 03 2009, 05:38

Kaya Tetsu wrote:I hate beer. *shifty eyes*....*Hides behind sweetalker as assorted objects fly my way*
Hey I'm with you on that, beer sucks... I forced it down for a long time, but eventually decided that it just wasn't worth it... That shits too nasty... I like liquor... Preferable mixed or with a chaser...

Back to top Go down

Post  luseylottay Thu Dec 03 2009, 20:32

I live in Maryland and I'm sure if we could find the right time to see it my parents would let me go...

depending on where we'll be seeing the movie.
luseylottay
luseylottay
Production Group Member

http://luseylottay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaiero Fri Apr 09 2010, 19:52

I live in New Jersey...
Aaiero
Aaiero

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Fri Apr 09 2010, 22:12

new york =.=
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  narniamushroom02 Sat Apr 10 2010, 22:29

I live in Arkansas...no I don't have an accent.
We say ya'll and we like SWEET tea.
narniamushroom02
narniamushroom02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next