Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yasora Art

+15
CriticsConfession
Kratos618
damei92
HeySoy!
nclartist
Sweetalker
danielledear1
thedarklilly105
VeniceGirl
shasyu
xxsoranxx
NuWatts
blacktiewhitetie
19 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Yasora Art - Page 5 Empty Re: Yasora Art

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Jul 29 2009, 21:27

HeySoy... I REALLY love that. Looks like it's inspired from the hanbok?
Yes, she isn't going to be wearing that heavy coat in and around the Earth Kingdom. But we could somehow incorporate that look into her travelling clothes. Because I like it. BD

Oh, almost forgot to mention her hair... I love that too. Very cute... I think it matches her well!
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Thu Jul 30 2009, 00:59

Hey there people,

Uh lets see... I just came back from work tonight and read all the comments.

I'll have to say I must be on some wavelength, because honestly - I wasn't even trying to incorporate the hanbok - I just thought she might look cool with a belt tied in the front like the sweater jackets that were popular three years ago,(ok, maybe the top of where her neck area - I did hint the hanbok collar - I think) and the hair loopies - wow...that is a coincidence.

So yeah I was trying to feel this character - I don't think I got her down, like I got older azula - but the hair I think - I was feeling the hair.

So, glad you guys like it so far. So whatever parts of the character you like - take it and run with it.
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Thu Jul 30 2009, 01:01

VeniceGirl wrote:HeySoy... I REALLY love that. Looks like it's inspired from the hanbok?
Yes, she isn't going to be wearing that heavy coat in and around the Earth Kingdom. But we could somehow incorporate that look into her travelling clothes. Because I like it. BD

Oh, almost forgot to mention her hair... I love that too. Very cute... I think it matches her well!

Hey, if you like it - just run with it. You are the art leader. Like a Star @ heaven
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Thu Jul 30 2009, 01:03

I think we got Yasora's water tribe traveling clothes done... idk... just go to the Yasora's Water Tribe Garb topic (I think that's what it's called... if not then close.. lol) and you'll see my design... sorry for all the flaws.. Very Happy Just pay attention to the design of the outfit! Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

https://www.youtube.com/user/danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Thu Jul 30 2009, 01:15

danielledear1 wrote:I think we got Yasora's water tribe traveling clothes done... idk... just go to the Yasora's Water Tribe Garb topic (I think that's what it's called... if not then close.. lol) and you'll see my design... sorry for all the flaws.. Very Happy Just pay attention to the design of the outfit! Very Happy

Yeah I saw it and I think its cool. Like a Star @ heaven

I think it fits her (hair loopies and all).
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Sun Aug 02 2009, 13:35

Here's the original design... where I got the inspiration for Yasora's outfit.

I remember during the summer vacation before 8th grade I had an Avatar idea of my own. The Water Avatar was a 14-year-old girl named Namiko and she lived in the Southern Water Tribe. She had a friend from there and he was a waterbender named Quan. Namiko had an earthbender teacher named Lin. Then a firebender teacher named Ji. This was the time I was thinking of lightbenders and darkbenders. The lightbender teacher was named Emi. There was no Darkbender teacher... just an evil queen named Chimere. Then I changed it up a bit. The Avatar's hairstyle and name changed and her outfit was kept. Her name turned to Jia. The waterbender friend kept his name. The earthbender was Ji. The firebender was a girl named Asayo. The lightbender was named Malana.... yeaahhh. Well anyway, here's where I got the idea for Yasora's water tribe outfit design:

Yasora Art - Page 5 Scan0017

complete with necklace! Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Yasora Art - Page 5 Empty completed Yasora concepts age 14 and age 9

Post  HeySoy! Sat Aug 08 2009, 01:38

Yasora age 14 (my original design):
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/iamsoy/yasora14.jpg

Yasora age 9 - (this threw me off) Inspired by Danielledear1:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/iamsoy/yasora9.jpg
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Sat Aug 08 2009, 02:13

hey that was awesomeness! Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  blacktiewhitetie Sat Aug 08 2009, 07:11

Yasora Art - Page 5 1407048183_b8b0389725

Hichiriki. japanese Recorder. Here's how it sounds

Chinese flute

Japanese flute
blacktiewhitetie
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Sun Aug 09 2009, 12:59

I think the Chinese flute is best for her
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Mon Aug 10 2009, 15:00

Just a reminder that the hairstyles for Yasora, Kienya, and Jillian need to be different enough that we can recognize that character instantly.

I like the idea of Yasora with braided hair loopies. I think the care and diligence it takes to braid intricate loops of hair every day is something that fits her personality well.
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Mon Aug 10 2009, 18:30

Yea I can see her doing that....silently braiding strands of her hair as Keinya is snoring away on Appa.....=D

I drew some pictures sorry that its chopped up my scanner doesnt work as well as you guys xD...

In this one Keinya is hitting Shen (aka grampa) with Sailor Moon's wand while Yasora is a witness to all this =D. Me and Keinya got the diea to draw this on a Skype chat. I added in the little cloak hood thingy Nao did with Yasora...i can do her again in hair loopies?

Yasora Art - Page 5 SailorMoonKeinya
Yasora Art - Page 5 SailorMoonKeinya001

And heres Yasora in her Water Tribe clothing and her pants are more poofy annnnd....well I kinda like the idea of her having somewhat of like ballet shoes...but that was just a random idea..

Yasora Art - Page 5 Yasora
Yasora Art - Page 5 Yasora001
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Mon Aug 10 2009, 20:25

*sigh* One of these days I'll have to make it to one of your crazy Sailor Moon chats. For inspiration.
So cute, by the way Sora!! Poor Shen. XDDD

@HeySoy: Gah, adorable! I think her 9-year-old design works for her... my opinion, that is. Nao?

About the braided loopies... I REALLY like them too (I've said that before, haven't I? BD ). The only thing I wasn't sure of is how the animators would handle it. Braids can be tricky... I know they don't have to be too detailed, but still.
If it weren't for that, I would say "heck yeah!" to the braid loopies. Perhaps we can ask the animators?
Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about since I don't really animate, and it turns out to not be an issue at all.

For her 14-year-old design, I like it with those long sleeves more... but that's me personally. I remember Nao noted that Jillian's first design seemed a little too feminine with the long sleeves... so I think it would work for Yasora.
I also think that adding Nao's design for a mini cape would be cute. Question: do you guys think she would wear it in the Earth Kingdom, where it's warmer? Or is it a light cape?
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Mon Aug 10 2009, 21:05

VeniceGirl wrote:*sigh* One of these days I'll have to make it to one of your crazy Sailor Moon chats. For inspiration.
So cute, by the way Sora!! Poor Shen. XDDD

@HeySoy: Gah, adorable! I think her 9-year-old design works for her... my opinion, that is. Nao?

About the braided loopies... I REALLY like them too (I've said that before, haven't I? BD ). The only thing I wasn't sure of is how the animators would handle it. Braids can be tricky... I know they don't have to be too detailed, but still.
If it weren't for that, I would say "heck yeah!" to the braid loopies. Perhaps we can ask the animators?
Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about since I don't really animate, and it turns out to not be an issue at all.

For her 14-year-old design, I like it with those long sleeves more... but that's me personally. I remember Nao noted that Jillian's first design seemed a little too feminine with the long sleeves... so I think it would work for Yasora.
I also think that adding Nao's design for a mini cape would be cute. Question: do you guys think she would wear it in the Earth Kingdom, where it's warmer? Or is it a light cape?

If Yasora were to have long sleeves... maybe they shouldn't be too long. how about it stops at the elbow or something? I call those capri sleeves (sorry don't know the spelling for capri... XD) cuz they're not too short and not too long. And if she were to wear a cape... I think it should be thin. Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  NuWatts Tue Aug 11 2009, 02:07

Iz al fiksed nou!

Yasora Art - Page 5 Sailor10

Yasora Art - Page 5 Yasora10
NuWatts
NuWatts
Producer

https://www.youtube.com/NuWatts

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Tue Aug 11 2009, 02:46

Sailormoon brings back memories....yea..
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  damei92 Tue Aug 11 2009, 11:08

shen looks like he wanna die..
it's like he's showing the "kill me" face...xP
lol!
damei92
damei92
Production Group Member

http://damei.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xxsoranxx Tue Aug 11 2009, 15:30

Just as i wanted it MUHAHAHA!! giggle lol!
xxsoranxx
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetalker Tue Aug 11 2009, 17:53

Yeah, the braided loopies might be tricky for the animators. I dunno, though, I'm playing around with Toon Boom and it looks like it could be done.

I remember hearing that Mike and Bryan invented Katara's hair loopies because it would be easier to animate than individual strands of hair. Ditto with Aang's bald head, Sokka's "wolf-tail", and Toph's smooth helmet-head of hair. As the animators progressed in skill, they let Katara take her hair down (in the Fire Nation).

Maybe we should have Yasora's hair in a braid? Like a French braid with bangs?
Sweetalker
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Tue Aug 11 2009, 18:45

If the animators don't have a problem with it... then I'm all for it. 8D

We actually were playing around with braided hair for her earlier... and as long as it doesn't look too much like Song's, then I wouldn't have a problem with that either. But that might be a little difficult as well.

In the meantime, a litte concept sketch I did during work today (let me know what you guys think):

Yasora Art - Page 5 Yasoraconcept
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  danielledear1 Tue Aug 11 2009, 19:12

VeniceGirl wrote:If the animators don't have a problem with it... then I'm all for it. 8D

We actually were playing around with braided hair for her earlier... and as long as it doesn't look too much like Song's, then I wouldn't have a problem with that either. But that might be a little difficult as well.

In the meantime, a litte concept sketch I did during work today (let me know what you guys think):

I love it! Very Happy

but idk about the sleeves. but other than that I lovez the outfit! Very Happy

and ballet shoes idea wuz mine! >.<

lol it really was if you look at my Yasora outfit design. XD

Another thing I gotta say... thanks to constructive criticism some of you people gave me... my drawings have improved. XD I've gotten better at doing the body and all that... that and coming up with different and better outfit designs. Very Happy
danielledear1
danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kratos618 Tue Aug 11 2009, 19:16

VeniceGirl wrote:

I think it looks great. And the little drawing in corner was hilarious, especially with the crooked musical note.
Kratos618
Kratos618
Production Group Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  HeySoy! Wed Aug 12 2009, 00:19

danielledear1 wrote:
VeniceGirl wrote:If the animators don't have a problem with it... then I'm all for it. 8D

I love it! Very Happy

but idk about the sleeves. but other than that I lovez the outfit! Very Happy

and ballet shoes idea wuz mine! >.<

lol it really was if you look at my Yasora outfit design. XD

Another thing I gotta say... thanks to constructive criticism some of you people gave me... my drawings have improved. XD I've gotten better at doing the body and all that... that and coming up with different and better outfit designs. Very Happy

All I have to say is......
YEAH, BRAIDED LOOPIES!!!!!(Finally) What a Face (If nothing else, let yasora have her loopies.) Yea nice practical outfit! with Ballet flats!(Score to danielledear1!) (i'm assuming that this her outfit outside her adopted home of southern water tribe.)

Oh! can we see the your finalized version of her winter coat, based off the design that I drew for the southern water tribe? I know it will be coooool.... Cool
HeySoy!
HeySoy!
Production Group Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Aug 12 2009, 00:56

@ Danielle: Thanks!
Hm, what do you think should change about the sleeves? (I'm not too sure about the fur myself...)
Oh, sorry, I saw them on Soran's drawing and... oops. ^^;
But we might just keep the flats and lose the extra lace/stuff.
Aww, and it's great you feel you're improving! Working with other artists kind of forces you get keep doing better... it's a good thing. (:

I think it looks great. And the little drawing in corner was hilarious, especially with the crooked musical note.

Heh, thank you. XD
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VeniceGirl Wed Aug 12 2009, 01:00

HeySoy! wrote:All I have to say is......
YEAH, BRAIDED LOOPIES!!!!!(Finally) What a Face (If nothing else, let yasora have her loopies.) Yea nice practical outfit! with Ballet flats!(Score to danielledear1!) (i'm assuming that this her outfit outside her adopted home of southern water tribe.)

Oh! can we see the your finalized version of her winter coat, based off the design that I drew for the southern water tribe? I know it will be coooool.... Cool

LOL
If Nao is okay with it, I think we can go with the braid loopies. If the animators have problems... they can just let us know.
(Yep, this would be the outfit she wears during Episode 1...)

Haha, finalized? I suppose I can try...
VeniceGirl
VeniceGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum