Tikomi Art

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Wed Jun 24 2009, 20:13

Here.



I did this drawing of Tikomi during work today, then went into photshop and colored the sketch.
I know these aren't her canon clothes... just some training ones I made up. I don't know. My hand has a mind of it's own. This was just for fun anyways.
Not sure if I got her right. I tried. XD I'd appreciate critiques, though. Sometimes my girls just all turn out the same, and I don't want that.
I REALLY wasn't sure about what colors to use... how dark her skin is, the color of her hair and eyes, etc. So I tried to put some colors together that looked good. Are there any color pallets (or references) for the characters?
lol, and forgive my attempt at water and bare feet.
If anyone has something for me to work on, I'm ready to do some drawing. Or else you'll have to put up with more random stuff like this.


Last edited by VeniceGirl on Mon Jan 18 2010, 01:02; edited 1 time in total
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Avatar: DoD on Wed Jun 24 2009, 20:18

VeniceGirl wrote:Here.



I did this drawing of Tikomi during work today, then went into photshop and colored the sketch.
I know these aren't her canon clothes... just some training ones I made up. I don't know. My hand has a mind of it's own. This was just for fun anyways.
Not sure if I got her right. I tried. XD I'd appreciate critiques, though. Sometimes my girls just all turn out the same, and I don't want that.
I REALLY wasn't sure about what colors to use... how dark her skin is, the color of her hair and eyes, etc. So I tried to put some colors together that looked good. Are there any color pallets (or references) for the characters?
lol, and forgive my attempt at water and bare feet.
If anyone has something for me to work on, I'm ready to do some drawing. Or else you'll have to put up with more random stuff like this.


Well thats great, we kinda didnt have jillian in any casual clothes... The only drawing we had of her, was her in battle armor...

Those would look like good training clothes...









Hmmm... Just cover her shoulders and give her sleeves, give her shoes and pants legs, and that would be a great outfit for jillian to wear all the time...

I like it...
avatar
Avatar: DoD

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2009-05-13

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Wed Jun 24 2009, 21:46

SerialKiffer wrote:Well thats great, we kinda didnt have jillian in any casual clothes... The only drawing we had of her, was her in battle armor...

Those would look like good training clothes...









Hmmm... Just cover her shoulders and give her sleeves, give her shoes and pants legs, and that would be a great outfit for jillian to wear all the time...

I like it...

Thanks!
Oh, those are battle clothes then?
Sure, I'll work on updating the outfit. Sounds like fun. BD
If we really don't have colors figured out for the other characters, I might experiment with some of the drawings Nao made. Then people can give me their opinions?...
I am, of course, assuming that color pallets haven't been made yet.
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Avatar: DoD on Wed Jun 24 2009, 21:53

VeniceGirl wrote:
SerialKiffer wrote:Well thats great, we kinda didnt have jillian in any casual clothes... The only drawing we had of her, was her in battle armor...

Those would look like good training clothes...









Hmmm... Just cover her shoulders and give her sleeves, give her shoes and pants legs, and that would be a great outfit for jillian to wear all the time...

I like it...

Thanks!
Oh, those are battle clothes then?
Sure, I'll work on updating the outfit. Sounds like fun. BD
If we really don't have colors figured out for the other characters, I might experiment with some of the drawings Nao made. Then people can give me their opinions?...
I am, of course, assuming that color pallets haven't been made yet.


Go ahead...
avatar
Avatar: DoD

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2009-05-13

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  NuWatts on Thu Jun 25 2009, 00:03

VeniceGirl wrote:Yep... I wasn't sure where to post this so.... *shoves into the "Other Art" part of the forum*
*Shoves to the "Concept Art" part of the forum*

Very Happy

_________________
Producer
Head Coordinator
Administrator
Editing Leader
Character Developer
avatar
NuWatts
Producer

Posts : 823
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 28
Location : Houston

http://www.youtube.com/NuWatts

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Thu Jun 25 2009, 01:20

NuWatts wrote:*Shoves to the "Concept Art" part of the forum*

Very Happy

That works too. BD
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Umm... What's the difference between concept art and character design?

Post  blacktiewhitetie on Thu Jun 25 2009, 09:33

Umm... What's the difference between concept art and character design?

I mean, I know right now my dream job is to work as a character designer for a gaming company but i don't understand teh difference between a conceptual artist and character designer.

A conceptual artist does more general stuff right? Like quick sketches of the place, characters and stuff? The character designer concentrates solely on the characters right?
avatar
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Posts : 159
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Avatar: DoD on Thu Jun 25 2009, 09:41

blacktiewhitetie wrote:Umm... What's the difference between concept art and character design?

I mean, I know right now my dream job is to work as a character designer for a gaming company but i don't understand teh difference between a conceptual artist and character designer.

A conceptual artist does more general stuff right? Like quick sketches of the place, characters and stuff? The character designer concentrates solely on the characters right?

That sounds about right to me...
avatar
Avatar: DoD

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2009-05-13

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  CriticsConfession on Fri Jun 26 2009, 00:27

I didn't see a picture... lol
avatar
CriticsConfession
Production Group Member

Posts : 330
Join date : 2009-05-14

http://www.youtube.com/user/criticsconfession

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Avatar: DoD on Fri Jun 26 2009, 00:29

CriticsConfession wrote:I didn't see a picture... lol

Well its there...
avatar
Avatar: DoD

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2009-05-13

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  danielledear1 on Wed Jul 22 2009, 19:29



Some Tikomi art I did... either yesterday or the day before. Very Happy
avatar
danielledear1

Posts : 1625
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 22
Location : Southern Water Tribe

http://www.youtube.com/user/danielledear1

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  damei92 on Thu Jul 23 2009, 00:38

character design/art is focused more on the characters...every detail of the character...from the eyes (what colour? shape?) to the hands (long fingernails? painted nails?)-body size etc...

concept art is more on concept...it's like the overall design of the character...for example, clothes...where and when to wear what type of clothes.
avatar
damei92
Production Group Member

Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-05-14
Location : somewhere over the rainbow

http://damei.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  blacktiewhitetie on Thu Jul 23 2009, 02:15

Well, we don't exactly have to go there do we? Into the details. It's good to know, but whether the animators can replicate it is another thing altogether.

_________________
Production team- Concept Artist
avatar
blacktiewhitetie
Production Group Leader

Posts : 159
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Sun Jul 26 2009, 16:39

danielledear1 wrote:

Some Tikomi art I did... either yesterday or the day before. Very Happy

Oooh! Yay! Tikomi art makes me happy. I LOVE IT. 8D
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Brandonu on Fri Aug 07 2009, 03:04

she kidna looks like a disney princess haha thats just the first thin i htought when i saw her lol =P
avatar
Brandonu

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Mon Jan 18 2010, 01:15

Most recent design is the one with light blue trim.


Other older designs:



avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  cory on Tue Mar 16 2010, 14:51

I was experimenting with chibiness for the Q&A over spring break. More were supposed to follow this one, but I'm just posting it for now. EH, the more I stare the less I like. I'm probably gonna try a few more methods of chibiness.

cory
Production Group Leader

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Sweetalker on Tue Mar 16 2010, 16:23

*squee*

Cuteness... overload.... ack!

_________________
Coordinator for Acting/Audio/Writing Groups
Acting Coach

Audio Editor/Foley Artist
Screenplay Reconstructionist and Magician
Voice Actor (Azula, Katara)

Can't download Skype? You can still be part of the Skype meetings. Ask me how.
I'm not a bitch. I'm THE Bitch.
avatar
Sweetalker
Coordinator

Posts : 554
Join date : 2009-05-14
Age : 32
Location : Tennessee, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Tue Mar 16 2010, 16:45

8'D
That. Is. Adorable!

I'd be more than alright with something like this for the Q and A.
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  cory on Sun Mar 21 2010, 20:45



Slightly bigger vers.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

The actual size is 2000 pixels long.

cory
Production Group Leader

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  VeniceGirl on Mon Mar 22 2010, 13:09

cory wrote:

Slightly bigger vers.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

The actual size is 2000 pixels long.
Cory...
<333!
So cute. I love them!
avatar
VeniceGirl

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 27
Location : Ohio. :I

http://venicegirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  daughterofthestars on Mon Mar 22 2010, 20:37

They look fantastic! I can't draw chibis worth a darn. XD I can't wait to see this Q&A! I think its going to look really good and might bring some more people onto the team.
avatar
daughterofthestars

Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 27
Location : Florida

http://www.daughterofthestars.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Helene_X on Thu Mar 25 2010, 01:03

cory wrote:

Slightly bigger vers.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

The actual size is 2000 pixels long.


-squeak!-

HOMAIGAWD! I LOVE IT!

_________________
Acting Leader
Actor Tikomi
avatar
Helene_X
Production Group Leader

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Avatar: DoD on Thu Apr 08 2010, 18:23

cory wrote:

Slightly bigger vers.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

The actual size is 2000 pixels long.


TOO... CUTE... CANT... LOOK... AWAY... *eyes explode*
avatar
Avatar: DoD

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2009-05-13

http://thedawningofdarkness.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  xxsoranxx on Fri Apr 09 2010, 22:06

o.o never seen him like this before

But they ARE adorable Very Happy
avatar
xxsoranxx
Production Group Member

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 23
Location : In the darkness

Back to top Go down

Re: Tikomi Art

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum